Blogging is a growing trend in the twenty-first century. It is a trend that is giving “voice” to every person out there. Do you want to learn how to create a blog? There are “hard” and “soft” issues you must know in order to be successful.
The soft issues
The soft issues are your passion and audience. To be successful in blogging, you must pick a niche that you have a passion for, a niche where you cannot run out of ideas on what to write. Unlike a forum where you leverage on others, the success or failure of a blog rests solely on your shoulders, so you must always have something to write.
While passion is important, you also need to consider the preference of your audience. You don’t want to write daily or weekly on what nobody is reading! The most successful bloggers are those who have the right mix of passion and audience.
Another soft issue worth mentioning is the title of your blog. You need to pick a title that your audience can easily connect with. It should be as simple as possible and easy to remember.
The hard issues
Now that you have settled the issues of audience and passion, how do you get rolling? Web skills are needed to kick start your blog. You don’t need to be a Mark Zuckerberg to do that. But, if you feel you are not up to it, take the easy way out-contract the set up to any of the multitudes of wiz kids out there.
Setting up a blog
You can design your blog from scratch if you have the hard skills in web design. However, there are many free sites that have blog templates that you can customize to suit your needs. Such sites include Blogger, WordPress, site builder, site blog and so on.
Setting up a blog on blogger.com
Blogger is owned by Google, so you will need a Gmail account to log in
• Go to www.blogger.com
• Click “Create your blog.”
• You will be directed to your Gmail account to log in
• Select the title of your blog
• Then select the template of your choice(you can test run each of the available ones to see the effect before your final decision)
• Click “create blog.”
• If unsatisfied with anything on the blog, you can always use the “layout”, “template” and “settings” menu to customize and re-customize your blog
• You can use the “stats” menu to track the readership of your postings including geographical distribution
Later, you can use the “Earnings” menu to integrate Adsense into your blog and start making money!